The Mayo Clinic offers the following tips to reduce seasonal allergies:
- Stay indoors on dry, windy days. The best time to go outside is after it rains, which helps clear pollen from the air.
- Don't hang laundry outside. Pollen can stick to sheets, towels and clothing.
- Delegate lawn mowing and other gardening chores that can stir up allergens.
- Pay attention to pollen forecasts and current pollen levels and try to reduce outdoor time when the levels are high.
- Keep indoor air clean by using the air conditioning in your house and car. Also, keep indoor air dry with a dehumidifier.