Passport DC - Open Houses at Washington, DC Embassies - Throughout May. The multi-cultural event includes performances, talks, and exhibits. This weekend, it's the European Union Embassy Tours.
Mother's Day in Washington DC - May 11, 2014. Check out some fun activities for Mom and the family!
- Georgetown Garden Tour - May 10, 2014, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- National Train Day - May 10, 2014, Union Station. Amtrak will be hosting train-focused festivities: interactive and educational exhibits, model trains, kids activities, and more.
- Bethesda Fine Arts Festival - May 10-11, 2014. See the works of almost 150 contemporary artists and enjoy entertainment, kids activities and food from Bethesda restaurants.
- Susan G. Komen National Race for the Cure - May 10, 2014, Washington, DC. The 5K event raises money and awareness for breast cancer education, screening and treatments.
- DC Design House Tours - Through May 11, 2014. DC's top residential design showcase; includes a home renovated by the area's premiere interior designers. Tours benefit Children's National Medical Center.
- Garden Tours in the Washington DC Area - Through June, 2014. This weekend's tours: Georgetown, Capitol Hill and Alexandria.
Side Yards at The Yards - May 10, 2014, 5-10 p.m. The Yards, Washington DC. Circus of Wonders: three stages of entertainment featuring magicians, contortionists, fire breathers, jugglers, sword swallowers and more.