1. When Hodor Actor Kristian Nairn Isn’t Acting, He’s A DJ
2. Joffrey Actor Jack Gleeson is Actually Very Nice
3. The Actress Who Plays Cersei is Not as Rich as You’d Think
4. Pretty Much Everything Cersei does is motivated by a Childhood Trip to a Fortune Teller
5. Peter Dinklage Also has a Successful career in Voice Over (He Doesn’t Actually Talk like a Posh Brit)
6. The War of the Roses in Fifteenth Century England Inspired the Storyline
7. Theon Greyjoy is played by Singer Lily Allen’s Brother, Alfie Allen.
8. There’s a Game of Thrones Burlesque Show.
9. Brienne Actress Gwendoline Christie is Even Taller than You’d Think
10. The Opening Titles were inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci’s Drawings
I'm a local guy, from Hagerstown, MD. I started in radio in 1977 at WQCM in Hagerstown, when top 40 on FM was a new thing. From there I did some part time on air work in 1978 at the old Disco 93, WKYS.
In the early 80s I worked at WZYQ, Z-104 in Frederick, MD. (A station from which I have been fired 3 times!) I also worked part time at WBSB, Baltimore, B-104 . In 1985, I took the plunge and decided to try moving to another area to further my radio career. I was midday DJ and music director at WNVZ, Z-104 in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA. . But I was homesick for Maryland, so in 1986 I took the Program Director/Morning Show at WQCM.
In 1987, I went back to Baltimore to do Mornings at WWMX, Mix106 . Then I finally made it back to DC in 1990 working for the New Mix 107.3, WRQX. I did just about every shift there filling in from Mornings to weekends. I stayed at Mix until 1995, when I took the afternoon shift at a new radio station in town, The New Bright 99-5! (Anyone remember that?) Soon, Bright 99-5 went back to it's old call letters, WGAY, and became Relaxing Favorites from Yesterday and Today.
In 1998, I had a short stint at WASH, then moved to Florida and Texas, before getting homesick again and returning to the area in June 2001.