THIS MONTH IS
Candy Month -- A recent survey found that 86% of American teenagers reported eating candy each week, and 21 percent said they eat candy every day. And get this, Americans eat 11.7 pounds of chocolate each year. But chocolate does more than tickle your taste buds. The chocolate-covered candy you love to gobble reveals the real you says psychologist Jane Whitrel. See where you fit in among the chocoholics by choosing the flavor you adore.
- Cherry -- You're an enthusiastic person who grabs life with both hands. But do try to curb your impatience.
- Orange -- You're a brainiac who's totally focused on the task at hand. Learn to juggle more than one project and you'll soar.
- Fudge -- A bright-eyed charmer who attracts people by the carload, you need to become more flexible when things change.
- Hazelnut -- You're a healer who wants to nurture anyone in your orbit, but you can be too shy to reach out. Relax and interact.
- Coconut -- Your vivid imagination makes you a creative whirlwind. You must make the effort to handle everyday tasks too.
- Coffee -- You're a powerhouse who thrives on getting the job done, and you seldom takes time to relax. Recharging your batteries is good for you.
- Strawberry -- You are a giver who never fails to be there for your friends and family. Just don't forget to nurture yourself as well.
- Lemon -- You are so concerned with the feelings of everyone else that you often short-change yourself. Do what makes you happy.
- Peppermint -- You are a futurist who always has an eye on a goal you'll reach tomorrow. Meanwhile, the present is passing by unnoticed. Pay attention to today.
I'm a local guy, from Hagerstown, MD. I started in radio in 1977 at WQCM in Hagerstown, when top 40 on FM was a new thing. From there I did some part time on air work in 1978 at the old Disco 93, WKYS.
In the early 80s I worked at WZYQ, Z-104 in Frederick, MD. (A station from which I have been fired 3 times!) I also worked part time at WBSB, Baltimore, B-104 . In 1985, I took the plunge and decided to try moving to another area to further my radio career. I was midday DJ and music director at WNVZ, Z-104 in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA. . But I was homesick for Maryland, so in 1986 I took the Program Director/Morning Show at WQCM.
In 1987, I went back to Baltimore to do Mornings at WWMX, Mix106 . Then I finally made it back to DC in 1990 working for the New Mix 107.3, WRQX. I did just about every shift there filling in from Mornings to weekends. I stayed at Mix until 1995, when I took the afternoon shift at a new radio station in town, The New Bright 99-5! (Anyone remember that?) Soon, Bright 99-5 went back to it's old call letters, WGAY, and became Relaxing Favorites from Yesterday and Today.
In 1998, I had a short stint at WASH, then moved to Florida and Texas, before getting homesick again and returning to the area in June 2001.