A recent study found that Americans aged 18-64 spend an average of 3.2 hours a day on social networks. According to The Huffington Post, here are 10 SIGNS THAT YOU NEED AN INTERNET INTERVENTION:
1. You give your iPad more attention than your spouse.
2. You can't eat a meal without turning it into a photo session.
3. You start to freak out when your phone battery runs low.
4. You become upset when someone doesn't text you back immediately.
5. You have more conversations on Twitter and Facebook than in person.
6. You check emails in the middle of the night when you can't sleep.
7. You've dropped your cell phone in the toilet.
8. You secretly tweet underneath a table or while watching TV.
9. You have no idea who many of your "friends" on Facebook even are.
10.You are too busy to work out because you need that time to catch up on missed work.
Here's how to DETOX:
1. Take off one day week from Facebook.
2. Stop taking selfies.
3. Make plans to see a friend in person over coffee.
4. Keep tech out of your bedroom and bathroom.
5. Clean out your inbox once a day.