According to Yahoo, here are 14 CAR HACKS EVERY DRIVER SHOULD KNOW:
1. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer. The same alcohol content that kills germs on dirty hands also melts away the ice in the lock.
2. Remove dents with dry ice. The extreme cold of dry ice can help pop out dents. Remember to pick it up with gloves, since dry ice can hurt your skin. Then apply it to the dent repeatedly until it’s gone.
3. Clean your engine with soap and water. First, cover all the sensitive areas (electrical parts, battery, air intake, and distributor) with plastic bags, then scrub and rinse the engine with a soft rag.
4. Fix scratches with nail polish. Clear nail polish helps to fill in scratches and cover up exposed metal to avoid rust.
5. Unlock your car with a shoelace. Tie a loop in a shoelace large enough to wrap around your door lock. Work it into the space between the car and the door, then move it until the loop fits around the door lock. Lasso it, and lift up the lock. This only works for cars with upper lock mechanisms.
6. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener. Place a scented candle in an unused cup holder on a hot day. As the candle melts, it will slowly release its scent.
7. Improve fuel economy by “hypermiling.” Try giving the car in front of you more space. Then you can coast to a stop instead of slamming on the brakes.