I'm not a fan of flying. I do it because I love to travel...but I get very anxious. It's a "control" thing. I'm terrified of the plane crashing...and having no way to escape it. Ugh...even typing that triggered heart palpitations.
If you're a frequent traveler, some of these may not surprise you. You probably figured out some of these facts from personal experience. However, for the rest of us...these "secrets" shared by flight attendants may be enough to change the way you feel about flying...ever again.
According to the Huffington Post, here are 16 ALARMING AIRLINE SECRETS:
1. You can unlock a lavatory from the outside. There is usually a lock mechanism hidden behind the "no smoking" badge. Lift up the flap and slide the bolt to unlock.
2. You're breathing engine air. The air you breathe is compressed air taken from engines.
3. Those blankets and pillows have NOT been washed. Also, there's a solid chance your tray table has poo on it. Tray tables have seen their fair share of dirty diapers...and they are rarely sanitized.
4. Pilots fall asleep while they're flying. A recent survey found that between 43 and 54% of pilots have fallen asleep while flying.
5. People steal the life jackets as souvenirs...so you should always check to make sure you have one.