I'm learning valuable lessons about parenthood on almost a daily basis. When I was pregnant, I had a lot of friends offer me advice so I wouldn't make any "rookie" mistakes.
According to Buzzfeed, here are 19 ROOKIE MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE:
1. Buying too many newborn diapers. Babies grow so much faster than you realize that it’s all too easy to have stacks of unused newborn diapers even after your baby has entered the next stage.
2. Using the too-small diapers on your baby anyway. They’ll only be able to hold back the tide for so long.
3. Clipping the tip of your baby’s finger when trying to cut their nails. This will lead to you having an epic “I’m the worst parent ever” meltdown and promising your baby a pony.
4. Letting your baby play with your phone without putting it on guided access. It’ll take less than five minutes for your baby to delete all of your apps, take 137 photos of the floor, and text “Scdbkbvewvltk.bvw;” to your boss.
5. Letting your toddler push the shopping cart. It’s adorable until your kid knocks over the pyramid of vodka bottles.
6. Buying a designer diaper bag. It may look great, but when you try to fit diapers, wipes, toys, snacks, and a whole lot more into it, you realize you should have gone with a bag with more space inside.
7. Getting pregnant because you didn’t realize that breastfeeding isn’t a foolproof form of birth control. Oh, yay. Irish twins.
8. Poking your sleeping baby to make sure they’re breathing. Now your baby is wide awake and showing you they can breathe just fine by screaming their head off.