I'm always looking for articles related to parenting. Here's one from the Huffington Post. It's 40 WORDS OF WISDOM EVERY PARENT NEEDS TO GIVE THEIR CHILD:
1. You are not your job. You are not the amount of cash you have in the bank. You are not your possessions.
2. Find your passion. Look for what inspires you. Find what you love to do and pursue it with all your heart. You may well find a way how to make money from doing it.
3. Love hurts. But it is so much better than closing yourself off for fear of being hurt and not experiencing love.
4. Communication and respect are the foundations for a lasting relationship.
5. Three things are needed in a relationship -- lust, love, and shared values.
6. Never compare yourself to others. It's a waste of energy. You are unique and have your own gifts to offer the world.
7. Look after your health -- physical, mental, and spiritual.
8. Don't complain. Decide what you will tolerate and get on with life.
9. Set boundaries -- work, family, and friendships.
10. Little stuff matters -- manners get you a long way.
11. Be grateful. List the things you are grateful for everyday.
12. Expect to fail. Failure is not fatal. Learn the lessons, then get back up and try again.
13. Have outrageous dreams. You'll be amazed at what comes true.
14. Act with integrity at all times.
15. Call your parents. They may well have screwed up but they raised you to the best of their abilities.