(photo credit: Shutterstock)
I've always been the type of girl who had more GUY friends than GIRL friends. My best friend is a guy...and we've never crossed the FRIENDSHIP line. Whenever I'd date a guy seriously, it was made pretty clear that my friendship with my guy friend was non-negotiable. Thankfully, my husband gets along GREAT with my male best friend.
I know some people have a tough time keeping a friendship totally plantonic...but it's totally worth it. You can be friends with benefits...but with different kinds of benefits.
According to The Huffington Post, here are 5 REASONS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE A GUY FRIEND:
1. Successful Matchmaker: On the off chance that he sets you up with one of his friends or co-workers...he will do a good job at describing him to you...and will manage your expectations. He'll do the same for his buddy. That way...there will be fewer "surprises."
2. Honest Cheerleader: Unlike most of your girlfriends, he won't tell you want you WANT to hear. His compliments will be more genuine.
3. Life Saver: He can be your "date" to any event that you dread going to alone.
4. Problem Solver: Girlfriends will let you talk about a problem until you're exhausted. A guy friend will help you find a solution to your problem. Whether it's a leaky faucet or a "drama" situation at work...they'll help you SOLVE it.
5. Moving Man: Need someone to do some "heavy lifting"? Done.
CLICK HERE for the full article. - Chilli Amar