We’ve all been there, you’ve spent hours at the gym, watched everything you eat, but still you are having trouble losing weight. Well, sometimes boosting your metabolism doesn’t have to be that difficult, or painful. In fact, sometimes it can actually be fun.
Here are some tips on simple ways to boost your metabolism:
1. Drink Water Before Eating – Yeah, it sound too good to be true, but drinking two glasses of water before you eat can help you loose weight. In fact, studies have found doing this helped people lose an average of 15.5-pounds, which is five pounds more than people who didn’t do it.
2. Fidget – Although it may annoy your friends, fidgeting, or as some experts call it non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT), can help you burn an extra 350 calories a day.
3. Drink Coffee – Caffeine is a good metabolism booster because it helps speed up the central nervous system. It also helps you work harder longer, thereby burning more calories. As long as it’s not a Frappuccino, then you’ll be consuming more calories than you’re burning.
4. Laugh – According to a study by the Journal of Obesity, laughter can cause a 10 to 20 percent increase in calories burned and heart rate. That means 10 to 15 minutes of laughter can lead to up to 40 calories burned.
5. Make it Spicy – Adding heat to your meal is an excellent way to help burn calories, thanks to the capsaicin in peppers.
6. Snacking – Eating small meals throughout the day will prevent you from overeating, and will raise your metabolism. But be careful what you snack on. Don’t go for chocolate and junkie foods. Lean proteins and complex carbs are always better. Come on, nobody lost weight eating Reese’s peanut butter cups. (Thought they are delicious!)
7. Stand – Sitting all day is a big no-no. Even simple things like standing while you take a phone call can go along way towards helping in weight loss. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, a 150 pounds person can burn 129 calories an hour standing. And if you move a little even better. Walking slowly around your office could burn 143 calories an hour.
8. Turn Off Your Phone – Believe it or not, your smartphone could be the reason you’re gaining weight. According to a Northwestern University study, if you are exposed to the blue light from computers and phones immediately before a meal it increases your hunger. Why? Researchers still don’t know. Maybe all those food selfies you’ve taken are making you hungry.