Everyone knows that quitting smoking is the best thing for your health, but maybe you need to say goodbye to these quitting myths along with the habit.
1. E-Cigarettes will help you quit- A new study by the University of California in San Francisco discovered that people who smoked the electronic cigs were actually less likely to quit smoking than people who never used them.
2. You'll Gain Weight- One study found that smoking may actually make you gain weight. If you smoking with a healthy habit, like exercise, then it’s a win-win.
3. Quitting is Expensive- Patches too pricey? Well, if you do the math, you'll see that they will eventually pay for themselves when you're not constantly buying cigarettes, says Marc L. Steinberg, Ph.D., an assistant professor of addiction psychiatry.
4. Hookah is Better- A report by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention found that smoking hookah as toxic as smoking cigarettes, and a more recent study by the University of California at San Francisco found that one night of smoking hookah spikes your exposure to cancer-causing carcinogens tons.
5. Quitting After Years of Smoking Won't Improve Your Health- “It's never too late,” says Steinberg. “In fact, after just one year without cigarettes, a person can reduce their risk of heart disease by half,” he adds.
6. Smoke-free is Stressful- Studies have shown that non-smokers are less anxious than smokers, and smokers who quit are less anxious than current ones, says Steinberg.
7. You'll Lose Your Edge At Work- According to Steinberg, smokers are more likely to take sick days and get sick more often in general, which makes you less productive at work in general.
8. You'll Lose Your Friends- Steinberg says that he's never had a patient say that they've lost friends after kicking the habit. If you do, were they really friends? Not likely.
CLICK HERE for full article.