Throw some “happy” into your marriage using these 8 daily activities.
1. They stop to say "hi"- "Stop what you're doing and hug him," says couples therapist Bob Taibbi. "A hug, even for 10 seconds, increases oxytocin, the brain chemical that makes you feel connected. It's a nightly ritual to stay bonded."
2. They bicker- According to a study published in “American Psychologist”, getting angry with your hubby and being able to recognize behaviors you don't appreciate can actually help your marriage stand the test of time.
3. They’re happy for each other- A study published in the “Journal of Personality and Social Psychology” found that how couples react to each other's good news may be even more important than how they help each other cope with the sad stuff.
4. They have fun together- Research done at the University of Denver showed that couples who make time for fun activities stay together longer.
5. They talk about small stuff- "Sharing the minutia of our lives with our spouses, no matter how insignificant the details seem, goes a long way toward fueling a connection and establishing intimacy," says Charles Orlando, author of “The Problem with Women… Is Men”.
6. They have inside jokes- "Every time you do something that makes your partner smile, it drives a physical change and allows your body to release chemicals like dopamine and oxytocin in both of your brains," says Orlando. "If you keep each other laughing, you'll both feel happier and closer."
7. They smooch- "Studies of long-term happy couples show that frequency of kissing, more than frequency of sex, is linked to relationship security," says Wendy Walsh, Ph.D., author of “The Boyfriend Test”.
8. They talk about what they want- "Everyone has fantasies," says Orlando. "It all comes down to trusting your husband, allowing yourself to be vulnerable, and creating a safe space for him to open up as well."
CLICK HERE for the full article.