My husband and I planned our wedding. We paid for it ourselves...so we wanted to have it the way we wanted it. Well...we ran into some challenges when it came to making "everyone" We wanted to be sensitive to everyone's needs...but at the end, it was OUR day and we hoped our guests would understand and respect that.
According to MSN, here are the TOP 20 WEDDING GUEST COMPLAINTS AND HOW TO AVOID THEM:
1. The dress code was too strict: Make sure your dress code is appropriate to the venue. And if you give guests a too-specific set of instructions, they'll probably roll their eyes at that, too.
2. The hotel was too expensive: Keep in mind: your out-of-town guests have their finances to consider. Opt for a comfortable, mid-range hotel with reasonable rates to keep everyone happy.
3. The reception started too late: Guests will appreciate your efforts all the more if it starts at a reasonable time.
4. I couldn't eat the food: Try to ask about food allergies or dietary restrictions in advance.
5. I had to sit with strangers at the reception: Try to make sure your guests are seated at a table with at least one person they know. Sitting at a table full of strangers can be uncomfortable, especially if they all know each other, and you're the odd person out.