Listen Live on  
 

97.1 WASH-FM

Washington's Variety of the 80s, 90s & Today!
 
 

Loo & Chilli

MUST SEE: An E-Cigarette Explodes Behind a Bar

 
MUST SEE: An E-Cigarette Explodes Behind a Bar
Posted April 10th, 2014 @ 5:19am

(screenshot: YouTube)

 

Patrons in a British pub were terrified recently when an E-cigarette – y'know, the kind that don't ignite or make smoke – exploded and nearly set the place on fire. An employee of the Buck Inn Hotel in North Yorkshire was charging the vape device behind the bar when it blew up, terrifying – and slightly injuring – an 18-year-old barmaid named Laura Baty who was standing right by it.

The manufacturer blamed a non-standard charging device for the explosion, pointing out that "charging lithium batteries incorrectly and failing to take necessary care of these devices can lead to catastrophic failure."

 

 

 

Recommended Stories

More from 97.1 WASH-FM

*