I really hope Donato joins a team sport for two reasons. I want him to learn to work as a team to achieve a common goal...and I want to cheer him from the sidelines...as I burst with pride.
Of course, it's possible he won't like ANY sports...and that's okay. At least then, I won't have to put up with crazy parents on the sidelines.
According to Pop Sugar, here are THE 12 MOMS YOU SEE AT THE SIDELINES OF YOUR KID'S GAME:
1. The Oblivious Mom: She's usually sitting on the sidelines reading the paper, her book, or playing on her iPad when the ball comes out of nowhere and hits her.
2. The Coach's Pet: She thinks she's the assistant coach, but she really isn't. She knows the roster backward and forward, knows the plays, and paces the field like it's her job.
3. The Reactor: This mom is so into the game that she actually thinks she playing it. She dodges the ball, shoots the goal, and takes some practice swings as if she were in the lineup herself.
4. The Chatty Cathy: She looks at the game as her social hour, gossiping about the latest goings-on at school, in the neighborhood, and just about everywhere else. When her child comes over and says, "Did you see that hit?"she automatically replies, "It was your best one yet!" even though she didn't even know he was up at bat.
5. The Phantom: Her moves are stealth. She drops her kid off at practice and picks her up without anyone ever seeing her.