By presidential decree (going back to Ronald Reagan in 1984), today is National Ice Cream Day.
Though we hardly need any encouragement to eat ice cream in July, there are quite a few special deals today:
- At Carvel, it’s buy one cup or cone…get one free.
- Baskin-Robbins is donating 75 cents to the USO for every ice cream float they sell (in honor of the organization’s 75th anniversary).
- Many Dippin’ Dots locations are giving out free mini-cups (of course, that’s assuming you consider Dippin’ Dots to be ice cream)
- PetSmart PetsHotels are offering free doggie-safe ice cream sundaes.
- New District Brewing Company in Arlington is pairing beers with Ben & Jerry’s flavors - with four matched beers/ice cream for just over 20 bucks.
- Kustard and Company (Reston and Vienna) have a BOGO offer.
- McDonalds will reward you for downloading their app with a free vanilla cone between 2 and 5 pm.
Cold Stone Creamery has a BOGO deal if you join their eClub, while Dairy Queen’s BOGO deal is for new members of their Blizzard Fan Club.
Plus there are special discounts at Wendy’s, Whole Foods and the pop-up café at the Hirshhorn Museum.