One of DC’s largest spectator events, the high-energy National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC is a vibrant springtime tradition set against the backdrop of DC’s most iconic landmarks along Constitution Avenue.
Giant colorful helium balloons, elaborate floats, marching bands from across the country, celebrity entertainers, and performers burst down the Parade route in a grand spectacle of music and showmanship seen only once a year during the Festival, all made possible by our local news channel 8, WJLA.
Celebrities and other exciting Parade elements confirmed to-date include:
- Honorary Grand MarshalAnthony Anderson, star of ABC’s “black-ish”
- Todrick Hall, Multi-talented singer, rapper, actor, director, choreographer, and YouTube personality
- Cece Peniston,dance club diva of 90s hit“Finally”
- Motown starFreda Payne, of hit single“Band of Gold”(1970)
- Rayshun LaMarr, contestant on season 14 of NBC’sThe Voiceand DC-area native
- Michael Woodard, top five contestant on ABC’sAmerican Idol2018
- Christina Wells, semifinalist on NBC’sAmerica’s Got Talent2018
- A1 Chops, viral Baltimore drumming duo featured onThe Ellen Show
- Washington Redskins Cheerleaders
- Miss America Nia Franklin
- Winners of the 2018 Sing Into Spring Competition: Randae and Sons of Pitch
- Giant colorful balloons including Olivia the Pig, Where’s Waldo, Brainy Smurf, Cheer Bear Care Bear, Voltron, and Domo