Children’s National patients comprise many of the COVID19 vulnerable populations:
- High risk populations such as those with cancer, congenital heart disease, rare genetic disease, asthma, diabetes, etc.
- Underserved populations
- In utero and infants recently born
Children’s National is uniquely helping its patients, providers & community overcome COVID19:
- With our drive-up testing site, Children’s National is identifying sick patients and controlling the spread
- Tested more than 800 kids
- Higher rates of children showing as asymptomatic incubators of the virus
- For general questions about coronavirus, families can call 202-476-5169 to speak with staff from Children's National between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- With our researchers and infectious disease experts, Children’s National is creating PPE to protect staff, conducting testing and urgently researching opportunities for vaccines and cures
- To learn more about donating unopened PPE, cleaning supplies and other items needed at Children’s National, visit https://childrensnational.org/visit/resources-for-families/wellness-resources/coronavirus/supply-donation-faqs.
- With the changes coronavirus brings, Children’s National is increasing telehealth and mental health offerings
While Children's National innovates to address the needs of COVID19, our mission of providing medical care to all children remains vital and urgent: kids need help getting and staying healthy. Join with us to keep kids and our entire community safe – both today and in the future
Please donate today at childrensnational.org/givingtuesdaynow
- Your gift will help protect children with safe screening, deliver more telehealth options and support providers with PPEs.
- Your gift can support the purchase of important resources to keep Children’s National patients, families and caregivers safe from the spread of coronavirus.