Whether it’s before a football game, concert or whatever, it’s always fun to hang out in the parking lot and tailgate before the main event. But there’s a lot that goes into making sure it’s a fun time. And that’s particularly true when it comes to food, and it seems there’s one responsibility most people don’t mind taking on.
A new survey finds:
- The most desired job at a tailgate is being the “grill master.”
- In fact, 29% of those polled say being in charge of the grill is the best job to have at a tailgate, followed by:
- Side dish taster (25%)
- Game hype man (23%)
- Cup refiller (18%)
- Food server (18%)
- And most people agree, you really should only have one person on the grill, with 34% preferring a single grill master, compared to having the job rotate between people (30%)
- When it comes to tailgating, the average person attends two tailgates a year.
- And while some can get really big, most people agree 11 is the optimal size for a tailgating group.
- Most tailgaters are likely to arrive two hours before a game.
- 84% of people agree everyone who attends should bring at least one item.
- And 46% say that if someone doesn’t bring anything, it’s unlikely they’ll be invited to another one.
- When it comes to food, the perfect tailgate has five different dishes.
- 29% of people say they prefer to make something from scratch for the tailgate
- Another 22% pick something up at the store.
- The best foods to serve at a tailgate include:
- Burgers (66%)
- Hot dogs (56%)
- Chips (52%)
- The worst foods include:
- Ice cream & popsicles (41%)
- Pie (24%)
- Salad (23%)
Source: SWNS Digital