Movie fans know that – should the Academy Awards turn into a love fest for La La Land – the film could set the record for most wins [it’s up for 14 awards...12 would be the record]
But thewrap.com has come up with other records that could fall Sunday night. Here are nine more:
- Youngest Best Director Winner: if 32-year-old Damien Chazell wins for La La Land
- Youngest Male to Win an Acting Oscar: should 20-year-old Lucas Hedges win Best Supporting Actor for Manchester by the Sea
- Youngest To Win the EGOT (Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony): If 37-year-old Lin-Manuel Miranda wins best song for “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana
- First Black Actor or Actress to Win an Oscar, Tony and Emmy: if Viola Davis gets Best Supporting Actress for Fences
- First African American to Win Three Academy Awards: if Denzel Washington gets Best Actor for Fences
- First Time Three African Americans win Acting Oscars the Same Year: if Denzel Washington, Viola Davis and Best Supporting Actor nominee Mahershala Ali of Moonlight all come through with wins.
- First Woman to Win Two Oscars as a Producer: if there’s a statue for Dede Gardner of Moonlight
- First Former Cast Members of Any of the Various Mickey Mouse Clubs to Win an Oscar: should Best Actor go to Ryan Gosling for La La Land or Best Original Song go to Justin Timberlake for “Can’t Stop the Feeling” from Trolls
- Longest Losing Streak: Kevin O’Connell will be 0-for-21 if he loses Best Sound Mixing despite his incredible work on Hacksaw Ridge
For more, visit this link.