With everyone seeming to be on edge these days, you need to find a "happy place" to help you cope.
To do that, you need to be calm. Try the following:
- Close your eyes slowly and focus on the feeling. As you get into it, the tension will melt.
- Play the “I Spy” game. The distraction is not only fun, but you’ll realize what is around you.
- Go on a short “walkabout.” The Australian tradition of taking a solo walk for days and weeks on end could come in handy if you shorthand it.
- Break out your crayons. Coloring, doodling and sketching are fantastic stress relievers that let you bring out that creativity lurking in the background.
- Grab a cup of hot tea. Skip the coffee this once. Show yourself compassion and warmth but cupping the tea and enjoying the feel before you sip it slowly.