Hi, I'm Wolfie
Labrador Retriever Mix | Young | Male | Medium-sized
Wolfie came into the PGSPCA shelter as a stray, so we don’t know much about his past, but it appears someone has worked with him. He came to us knowing “sit” very well and is apparently entirely house- trained. Not sure how he ever got skinny, but he will fill out fast because he REALLY likes to eat. His major flaw is he is a dedicated counter surfer. However, he is smart, eager to please, very motivated by food, and learning everything fast, including heel, fetch, beg, stand, and stay.
Wolfie is energetic, and may be better with an experienced adopter, but he also likes his leisure time. If you don’t want him on the couch, you should consider other dogs, as he is very comfortable lying next to someone with his head on their lap. He has worked out very well with his foster brother, but we don’t know how he would be with cats or other small animals.
- Age and weight: I’m 3-4 years old, and weigh about 45 pounds. I might put on a bit of weight.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: Not sure.
- Chews inappropriate items: Usually only chews on doggy toys.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: Moderate