iPhone explodes in man's hand

An Australian man who was showing his damaged iPhone to a repairman got a shock when it “exploded.”

The phone’s owner was taking the device in for a repair. When he pressed on the screen to show the problem a big puff of smoke suddenly came out of it. Because of similar issues with other models and iPhones, shop owner Simon Owen was able put the fire out quickly.

Owen notes he’s grateful the owner brought the item in. "Imagine if he was driving down the highway at the time. Our service counter has a giant hole in it."

The video follows an incident in which a pair of headphones exploded while being worn on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne, Australia. Two hours into the flight, a female passenger woke to a loud explosion and felt burning on her face, leaving her with a burnt face, hand and singed hair.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau to issue an official warning about using batteries on flights.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

 
Jenni Chase

Jenni Chase

Want to know more about Jenni Chase? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 97.1 WASH-FM!

title

Content Goes Here