George Michael’s “Careless Whisper” has been voted the best song of all time in a new poll. The tune tops UK radio station Smooth’s annual list of the All Time Top 500, dethroning John Lennon’s “Imagine,” which has held the number one spot for the past three years.
But that’s not all. Michael’s “A Different Corner” landed in second place, with 17 other songs ranking in the Top 500. Elton John also has 19 songs on the list, with his duet with Michael, “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” landing at number nine.
Also ranking pretty high on the list is Michael Jackson with 17 tracks and Adele, who nabbed nine songs on the list, with four of them in the Top Ten.
Check out “Smooth’s” Top Ten below:
- “Careless Whisper” - George Michael
- “A Different Corner” - George Michael
- “Someone Like You” - Adele
- “Hello” - Adele
- “Dancing Queen” - ABBA
- “I Will Always Love You” - Whitney Houston
- “Make You Feel My Love” - Adele
- “You’re the First, the Last, My Everything” - Barry White
- “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” - George Michael and Elton John
- “Rolling in the Deep” – Adele
Source: Vintage Vinyl News