Some of us are just over-packers. We think that bringing extra clothes, shoes, accessories, or whatever will make our trip better because we’ll have everything we might need. But in reality, less really is more when it comes to the suitcase.
Learning the art of packing light can help us have more stress- and hassle-free travels. We just need to figure out what items we can leave behind. Here are a few things that don’t belong in your suitcase on your next getaway:
- A third or fourth pair of shoes - Keep it nice and easy with one casual pair and one dressy pair.
- Valuable jewelry or accessories - You could lose your bag and never see it again, so swap the good stuff with inexpensive alternatives before your trip.
- A second pair of jeans - One good pair of jeans should be plenty for your journey, just choose well.
- Anything out of season - This one’s for those who want “always be prepared” but you really won’t need a sweater in Miami in July.
- Anything you can buy cheaply at your destination - There are drugstores and grocery stores everywhere, so you can buy toiletries there and save space in the suitcase.
Source: My Domaine