Luie | PGSPCA Hi, I'm Luie
Coonhound Mix | Baby | Male | Large
Luie is a confident dog who seems to find most things in life pretty entertaining. He is fluent in hound-speak and loves to talk to other dogs as he plays with them — we suspect he’s doing a comedic kind of trash-talking. Check out Luie at play!
Luie’s the ideal companion for an active person or family who would be around him most of the day. A fenced yard is ideal for lots of off-leash play to supplement several daily walks. Luie enjoys tough chewable dog toys, an investment in which will likely ensure your possessions stay intact, too.
Luie is a very loving dog and has adapted to his foster home and a wide variety of other dogs in record time. We suspect he’d be great with kids who can handle good-natured frolicking — he doesn’t chew on people but he’s an enthusiastic kisser. Luie does need some basic training though to perfect his leash-walking and obedience skills.
- Age and weight: I'm 6 months old and weigh about 50 pounds
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I do NOT like crates!
- Chews inappropriate items: Sometimes, but if I have toys I find them more interesting.
- Training: Minimal
- Activity level: High
Photos and adoption info: www.pgspca.org