The dog days of Summer seem to be here a little early.
That means we need to find ways to cool down during this brutal heatwave. You want to avoid getting heat stroke or heat exhaustion, so this is what you do.
- Stay indoors as much as possible. If you don’t have air conditioning, put a bucket or cooler of ice in front of fans.
- Drink water. Even if you aren’t thirsty, drink. Eat hydrated foods like watermelon, lettuce, cucumbers or strawberries if you can.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. They dehydrate you.
- Get blackout curtains to keep the heat out and cool in.
- Take a cold shower first thing in the morning or at bedtime
- Go somewhere cool, like the library.
- Don’t forget your pets! They can’t take off their fur so make them comfy, too.