Real Simple released an article recently on the six habits that may be causing your irritability.
- You're Snacking on the Wrong Foods - if you're munching on sugary granola bars or chips they aren't going to do much for your brain, waistline or your mood. Ultra processed foods are found to lead to depression.
- You're Drinking Too Close to Bedtime - while winding down after a stressful day is sometimes easier with a glass of wine or two, it can often attribute to poor sleep and more irritability.
- You're Spending Too MuchTime on Social Media - research has shown that scrolling on sites like Facebook or Instagram puts you at a greater rise of depression.
- You're Skimping On Physical Activity
- You're Skipping Lunch
- You Forget To Give Yourself Some Love - Call it "me time" or "downtime", but whatever you call it just make sure you give yourself some!