Online dating platform Zoosk surveyed 3,051 single women and analyzed 301,242 messages. Here’s some of the key information they uncovered…
1. Single dads are very hot right now. A whopping 92% of single ladies are open to dating single dads, with 55% being “very open” to the idea. This is a notable increase from 2016, when only 83% of single women surveyed said they were likely to date a single father.
The things women said they like most about single dads are…
He knows he’s no longer the center of the universe – 26%
He’s more caring – 15%
He’s more patient – 9%
He’s more responsible – 41%
He’s more thoughtful – 9%
2. Six-packs are out. 86% of women are totally okay with the “dad bod,” with nearly a quarter (24%) finding them attractive. In fact, if you include the term “dad bod” in a message, daters are 41% more likely to respond.
3. Dad jokes are in. More than half (55%) of women think that dad jokes are a great way to break the ice. Millennial women find them even funnier, with 66% saying they enjoy dad joke-type pickup lines.
4. Asking dad’s permission is still popular. Most women still find it romantic and sweet when a man asks her father for her hand in marriage. 61% of them said they liked the gesture.
5. Many women will still date someone their dad doesn’t approve of. Women appreciate and love their dads, but only 44% said they seek their approval when it comes to who they date.
Source: Bro Bible