A lot of gals, and even guys, will be getting chocolates or candy today for Valentine’s Day, but what delicious treat you get, or want, may depend on where you live.
Well, in case you missed it, CandyStore.com has come out with a list of the favorite Valentine’s Day candy by state based sales data from its online bulk candy store and industry partners, and we can't say we're surprised by the top choice.
Overall, conversation hearts are most popular Valentine’s Day candy for a second year in a row, although since Sweathearts version aren’t on sale this year, that popularity is expected to decrease next year. When it comes to states, conversation hearts are the most popular Valentine’s Day candy in 22 states, including California, Wisconsin, Tennessee, South Carolina, Oklahoma and New Jersey, and lands in the Top three for many others.
Other popular Valentine’s Day Candy per state include:
- Candy necklaces – Alabama
- Heart-shaped box of chocolate – Alaska, Connecticut, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York
- Hershey’s kisses – Arkansas, Delaware, South Dakota
- M&Ms – Idaho, Iowa, Maryland, Pennsylvania
- Chocolate hearts – Maine, Nebraska
- Chocolate roses – Oregon, Wyoming