No matter how happy you and your partner may be, you’re bound to get into an argument now and again, and sometimes that argument can be over what you eat. There are a lot of different reasons you and your boo can get into an fight over food, and new poll reveals the biggest sources of disagreements out there.
The UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds that the biggest food disagreements between couples have to do with what they are going to eat for their meal. In fact, it’s such an issue that couples talk about what they plan to eat for dinner for at least 10 minutes every day, which translates to 61 hours a year.
But what to eat is far from the only fight folks have over food.Other topics of disagreement include:
What time to eat
- The cook making too much mess / not tidying as they go along
- Whether someone is interfering in the cooking
- Whether you should get takeout
- Whether a meal should include an item the other person doesn't like
- Who should wash up
- How spicy a meal should be
- Who should cook
- If your meals are too unhealthy