A new report from Rover, called “The Real Power of Dog Love,” explores the loving relationship modern dog owners have with their pets.
- 67% of the dog owners surveyed said they gaze lovingly into their dog’s eyes.
- 47% of respondents say they cuddle with their dog more often than their partner.
- 53% said they would consider ending a relationship if their partner didn’t like dogs or was severely allergic to dogs.
- 24% take more pics with their dog than their significant other, friends and family.
- 33% say they plan their weekends around their dog.
- 81% use a baby voice or puppy voice when they talk to their dog.
- 25% of dog owners spend more money on their dog than their partner.
- 69% of single dog owners say that knowing that someone is a dog lover would make them more interested in dating them.
- 25% of Millennial dog lovers say they have actually continued a relationship or friendship just because they liked the person’s dog.
- 33% of dog owners say they regularly bring their dogs on dates.