Buying a home is a big deal, so it only makes sense that some folks may regret their purchase once it goes through. But it seems more than just a few folks have second thoughts once they sign on the dotted line.
A new Bankrate survey finds that 44% of folks have some regrets about their current home purchase, but that number goes up to 63% for millennial homeowners. As for their biggest regrets, for 18% of homeowners it’s the unexpected maintenance or hidden costs of a home, something 25% of millennial homeowners name as their top regret.
Other home buying regrets include:
- Bought too small of a house (12%)
- It’s in a bad location (8%)
- Don’t think it’s a good investment (7%)
- Mortgage is too high (7%)
- Didn’t get the best mortgage rate (6%)
- Bought too big of a house (5%)