When Saturday finally rolls around, there’s nothing better than sleeping in a little longer that makes you feel better about that 6 am wakeup call Monday through Friday. But unfortunately for all of us, sleeping in once or twice a week can really throw our bodies off. Here are some ways sleeping in on the weekends can affect you:
- You can throw off your internal clock by sleeping in once or twice a week and waking up early the other five days.
- You can experience social jet lag, which basically means you’re making your Monday morning alarm even more intolerable.
- It can lead to sleep deprivation because you’ll have slept so much on the weekend, you won’t be able to fall asleep at a good time on Sunday night.
- It can affect your immune system if you’re feeling tired all the time.
- Insomnia could get worse as you throw off your sleep schedule more and more.
- Risk of hypertension goes up if you’ve really thrown your sleep schedule off.
- It’ll put you in a constant bad mood because you’ll be too tired to do anything all the time.