A few weeks ago, I shared some photos from my boudoir photoshoot at Body Love Studio. The blog (read HERE) focused on how I had a breakdown during the photo session and that it led to an amazing breakthrough. The experience made me feel empowered and I felt more confident about myself than I had in a long time. Well, many of you sent me messages asking me questions about it. I decided to answer the most common ones below.
- What made you want to do it? I hated all the negative self-talk going through my head whenever I looked in the mirror. I wanted to change my mindset. I wanted to let go of my insecurities and be photographed in a vulnerable state in hopes of overcoming my lack of confidence. It worked. Whenever I'm having a moment where that negative voice pops in my head, I grab my phone and look at images from that day.
- Did you have to provide your own lingerie? How did you know what to take? Yes, you bring your own lingerie...but you don't have to stress about it. They can throw a sheet on you and still make you look good. Trust me. LOL. When deciding what to pack in my bag, I brought pieces I felt sexy in (high-waisted...and body shaping lingerie). Once you arrive, they will help style you. They'll look through the clothes and accessories you brought and put them together.
- Did you get to choose the background/setting? The photographer asked me what MOOD I was going for...then chose the settings based on my answer and input. She's amazing. Trust her.
- What about hair and makeup? You show up with a clean face and dry hair...they take care of the rest. They will treat you like the QUEEN you are. You will be pampered from the moment you walk through the door.
- How did you know how to pose? The photographer coaches you on how to sit, breathe, stretch. Listen to her and you'll look great...even though you'll feel super awkward doing it. I got cramps in my legs and back from holding some poses too long. LOL. However, you'll get the hang of it after a while. Yes...there is a lot of laughter.
- Can you take a friend/partner along for support? No. There's a good reason for it. If you have a friend in the room, you won't be able to feel as relaxed. You'll feel self-conscious. That person would be a distraction. This is about YOU. The only people in the room are you and the two FEMALE photographers.
- How long does the session last? Four or five hours...depending on how quickly you feel comfortable in front of the camera. That time frame includes hair/makeup application.
- Do you get to see the pictures they are taking as they're taking them? She only showed me ONE photo during the session. It was because she was so excited about getting a particular shot that she wanted to share it with me. If you see every pic they take, you'll be too critical of yourself. You've got to give them a chance to pick the best for touch-up.
- What was your husband's reaction? I love my husband, but I didn't do this for him. I did it for me. I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin after having had my preventive double mastectomy and hysterectomy. Before agreeing to work the Body Love Studio, I did make sure he'd be okay with me sharing some photos. He was very supportive. When he saw the pics, his exact words were..."Wow babe!"
- How much does it cost? That depends on the package you purchase. I encourage you to check out their website or call them.
I really think a boudoir photoshoot is something EVERY woman should experience at least once. Now is a great time for you to take the plunge. You can get $50 off your session (for a limited time) if you use the promo code WASH on the Body Love Studio website. If you do it...let me know! I would love to hear about your experience as well!
And remember...you are a QUEEN.
Here are some pics that weren't included in my previous blog...