Student Sued by Hotel for Setting off Fire Sprinkler

A hotel's insurance company has sued a high school student for $690,000 in damages! The hotel claims that the student caused this amount in damages by activating a sprinkler inside one of its rooms.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that Landstown High School senior, Cade Anderson, stayed at the hotel in Dumfries on Oct. 20, 2017, ahead of a junior ROTC drill competition the next day.

Anderson's attorney says his client hung his uniform on a sprinkler to properly affix all of the ribbons and medals. When he took the uniform down, the sprinkler activated.

Prince William County Assistant Fire Chief Matt Smolsky says 10 rooms, the hotel's kitchen and dining area flooded. Anderson's room was on the fourth floor.

The internet has so many opinions on this case. Many think that he is going to have to pay up the amount in damages while other thing the price tag on this is insane!

What do you think?

Source: NBC 4

97.1 WASH-FM · Variety Of The 80s, 90s and Today!

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel