While there are a lot of joys that come with parenting, a new survey finds that apparently a lot of moms and dads are missing out on all the fun.
According to the survey...
- 55% of parents believe they are missing out on the fun of parenting because they are just too busy.
- 67% are concerned they are missing special moments in their little ones’ life.
- 40% admit they’ve already missed at least one of their child’s important milestones.
- 78% of parents wish they had more time to spend with their kids.
And apparently, kids are noticing their parents’ absence.
- 82% of moms and dads say their kids have complained about not spending enough quality time with their parents.
- 25% of parents have heard these complaints often.
- 78% of parents say their kids have shared their feelings that their parents aren’t full engaged when they are together, with 26% of kids felling that way all the time.
But while they may be too busy, parents really do want to share certain special moments with their kids. Top moments include:
- Going to a sporting event (47%)
- Teaching them a new skill (46%)
- Exploring their creativity (45%)
- Taking a road trip (45%)
- Going to a museum (44%)