When it comes to office dress codes, it seems more and more companies are going casual, and their employees are much happier because of it.
A new survey finds…
- 78% of working Americans say things are getting more relaxed in their offices.
- 54% say their office has moved towards a more casual dress code.
- 57% say their office has casual Fridays, with 51% participating frequently.
- 57% of the average Americans’ weekly wardrobe is casual, with most dressing casual four days out of the week.
- One in eight workers would rather have a casual dress code than an extra $5,000 in salary.
And it’s pretty apparent that workers prefer this shift to a more casual office attire.
- 82% say feeling comfortable in what they wear to work makes them more productive.
- 71% feel more accomplished throughout the day because they aren’t worried about being uncomfortable in their clothes.
- 65% say being uncomfortable gets in the way of their productivity.
- 56% say being comfortable in their clothes contributes to their confidence at the office.
- 43% say they wouldn’t do their job as effectively if they had to dress more conservatively.