James Lipton, longtime host of “Inside The Actors Studio,” has died at 93. “TMZ” reports Lipton passed away peacefully at his New York City home yesterday morning after a battle with bladder cancer.
While most of “Inside The Actors Studio” was a one-on-one interview conducted by James Lipton, the show was followed by the host submitting a questionnaire to the guest. The questionnaire concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot on his show “Apostrophes,” after the Proust Questionnaire.
The 10 questions Lipton asked were:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Photo: Getty Images