Fear of germs, especially thanks to the coronavirus, has got Americans cleaning more than ever, and it’s something nobody really likes to do. In fact, even before the coronavirus hit folks were cleaning a lot, and wishing there was a way they could get out of it permanently.
Conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Maid Brigade, a new survey finds:
- The average American spends nine full days each hear cleaning their house.
- 63% of parents say they feel like they are always cleaning.
- 53% of parents say all that cleaning makes them feel overwhelmed and stressed.
Folks hate cleaning so much there’s a whole host of things they’d be willing to do if it meant their house would be instantly clean. They include:
- Give up Netflix for one year (39%)
- Live alone in the woods without electricity for six months (25%)
- Never have a smartphone again for the rest of your life (19%)
- Stand in line at the DMV all day for a week (19%)
- Live in a tiny house for five years (17%)
- Have to walk everywhere you go for one year (14%)
- Only shower once a month for the rest of your life (13%)
- Get a face tattoo (12%)
- Spend a month in jail (12%)
- Never retire (11%)
Photo: Getty Images