Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and while you may be thinking about spending a lot of money to spoil mom on her big day, what she really wants won’t cost you any money at all.
A study commissioned by Mattress Firm and conducted by OnePoll, found
- 43% of moms say the ideal Mother’s Day gift would be a night of uninterrupted sleep.
- 64% admit they’d be a better parent if they could just spend some more time in bed sleeping.
- And sleep is even more elusive for new moms.
- The average new mom gets about four hours of sleep a night.
- Moms with newborns get up on average four times a night.
- 68% say they were woken up every night when their child was an infant.
- And once you’re a mom it will be a long time before you get a good night’s sleep.
- In fact, the average mom isn’t likely to get a good night’s sleep until their kid turns at least four.
Of course, some moms do get help.
- 56% say they trade off who gets up to take care of their kids with their partner.
- Although 73% admit they do most of the work themselves.
Photo: Getty Images