Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and a lot of folks have probably already started preparing their big feast. But who exactly is in the kitchen cooking everyone’s meal? Well, a new survey set out to discover that very thing.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 70% of Americans will be celebrating Thanksgiving this year.
- 12% will be skipping Thanksgiving, while 18% are unsure of their plans.
- Of those celebrating:
- 82% will be cooking the meal themselves.
- 6% are ordering a pre-made meal.
- 4% will go out to a restaurant
- 2% will order takeout.
- But for those who will be cooking the meal themselves, who in the household will actually be doing the cooking? The answer is likely women.
- 27% of women say they do all the cooking on Thanksgiving compared to 16% of men.
- 21% of women say they do most of the cooking, compared to 8% of men.
- And it sure sounds like more men stay out of the kitchen completely.
- In fact twice as many men than women say they do absolutely no cooking on Thanksgiving (25% of men vs. 11% of women).
And when it comes to cleaning up, yeah you guessed it, women are more likely to do that to.
- 21% of women say they do all of the post-meal cleanup, compared to 13% of men.
- What’s more, 18% of men admit to doing absolutely no cleanup, while only 8% of women say the same.
Photo: Getty Images