Summer is right around the corner and with that comes the fun of vacation planning! Are you craving a European getaway but aren’t ready to travel across the pond, for whatever reason? Well you’re in luck, as there are some places right here in the states that will give you that European feel.. and you don’t even need a passport!
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Colorful buildings with architecture (and food!) that has been influenced by French, Spanish, and Creole culture.
- Columbia River Gorge, Oregon: Only an hour away from Portland and gives off major Germany and Slovenia vibes.. especially the waterfalls.
- Santa Barbara, California: Beautiful beaches, great wine, it’s like a seaside town you’d find in France, Spain, or Portugal
- Boston, Massachusetts: Cobblestone streets, quaint alleys, and Georgian-style homes give it a London feel.. which makes sense since it is in New England!
- Leavenworth, Washington: A mountain backdrop, Alpine-style buildings, and German-inspired cuisine will have you feeling like you’re in a German village.
- Augustine, Florida: It’s actually the longest continually inhabited European-founded city in the US and you’ll definitely feel the Spanish influence while there.
For the full list, click HERE!
Photo: Getty Images