Americans love their traditions when it comes to Thanksgiving and pies are as much a part of the feast as turkey. We all have our own favorites, but some tend to appear on more Turkey Day tables than others.
A new YouGov poll asked a thousand adults about their favorite Thanksgiving pies and pumpkin pie tops the list with 23% of the vote.
- Coming in second is pecan, with 14%, followed by apple in third place with 12%.
- Sweet potato pie ranks fourth overall, with 8% of respondents choosing it as their favorite.
- Other Thanksgiving pie favorites include chocolate (6%), cherry (5%), blueberry (5%), Boston cream (3%), key lime (3%) and banana cream (3%).
Beyond ranking their favorites, respondents were asked which pies they would love or like to have served.
- 82% say they would love or like apple pie
- 70% feel the same about pumpkin pie.
- Other popular choices include chocolate pie (68%), cherry pie (67%), banana cream (66%), pecan (65%), peach (63%), and lemon meringue (62%).
Photo: Getty Images