Friendship breakups totally blow. But depending on the circumstance, you may want to try rectifying it. Psychologist, friendship expert, and author Irene S. Levine, Ph.D. explains, “If you think that the friendship ended because of a misunderstanding or disappointment that can be cleared up, why not give it a try? Best friends have a long-shared history that can’t be easily replaced. They usually had an ease of communication that allowed them to click in the first place.”
But where do you start?! “Bustle’s” got you covered with these texts you can send that’ll help break the ice.
- “Hey. I know it’s been a while, but you’ve been on my mind a lot lately. How are you?”
- “Hi, [name]. I know I messed up, and there’s a lot I want to apologize for. If you’d be open to it, I’d love the chance to meet up and talk.”
- “Just noticed your job update on LinkedIn — you got the promotion at work! I just wanted to say congrats, and that I’m so proud of you and happy to see you doing well.”
- “Hi. I really do miss you and just wanted you to know that.”
- “I heard about your engagement recently, and I’m so thrilled for you! I’d love to catch up sometime and hear all about it.”
- “We’ve been through so much together, and I hate that we don’t talk anymore. Can we fix that?”
- “Hi, [name]. An old Facebook memory of us popped up today and it definitely made me tear up. I really miss and love you a lot.”
For even more, click HERE!
Photo: Getty Images