St. Patrick's Day is a big day for just about everyone. Just how big? Here are some facts and figures from WalletHub.
- 174% more beer and 153% more spirits are sold on March 17th than on an average day in America.
- 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide today.
- 61% of Americans plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year.
- 80% of those celebrating will wear green.
- Overall, Americans spend $6.85 billion celebrating St. Pat
- It takes 50 pounds of dye to turn the Chicago River green, and it lasts just five hours.
- 36% of men admit to binge drinking on St. Patrick's Day.
- The average number of drinks consumed per person on St. Patrick’s Day is 4.2.
- There’s an 8.8% increase in cabbage shipments the week leading up to St. Patrick’s Day.
- 32% of Americans plan to cook a special meal for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 31.5 million Americans claim at least some Irish heritage, second only to German and 6.4 times Ireland's population.
- 20% of residents in New Hampshire have Irish ancestry.
- There are 10 cities in America named Dublin.
Source: Wallet Hub
Photo: Getty Images