You already know Black Friday and Cyber Monday are shopping days with lots of deals, but today is Travel Tuesday, the day to score discounts on flights, hotels and vacation packages. Want to save money on your upcoming trips? Try these tips to make the most of Travel Tuesday.
- Do a little research first - Sure, time is important here, but it’s always smart to do your own research in advance. Come up with a few possible destinations and have an idea of what a good deal would be so you can jump on it when you see one.
- Be flexible with travel dates and destinations - You’ll probably save the most on travel during off-peak times when demand is lower. Being flexible about when and where you’re going will help you get the best discounts any time, even on Travel Tuesday.
- Use fare comparison tools - Don’t just trust one travel provider’s deals to be the best, comparison shop between travel sites like Expedia and Priceline and airline websites.
- Consider package deals - If you bundle your flights and hotel, you may get even better discounts from online travel agencies than when you book these separately.
- Use travel rewards - If you’re holding onto credit card reward program points, this is the time to find out if they can be transferred to your airline of choice. There’s no reason to hoard your travel points if they can help you save today.