You've made it to Tuesday! Thanks for choosing to #ReadThisFirst... let's get you up to speed with the stuff flying around the #InternetOfThings...
To start with... TEDDY BEARS at HERSHEY... 34,798 of 'em to be exact!
Because you need to know... today is National Cookie Day. It's also National Wear Socks Day. Who knew...
Guys... as you wake up today, know this... is what predicts your happiness in life... it's just ONE THING...
According to a new study, one factor predicts whether men will describe themselves as “happy.”
Researchers from University College London found that the number-one thing that matters most in the lives of American men is whether they find satisfaction at work.
Their jobs are more important than their health or even their relationships with family and friends.
Guys who like their jobs are more likely to feel optimistic, happy, motivated, emotionally stable, in control and confident. (Inc.)
And... People get into HEATED fights over the heat in homes...
A new British study found that millions of couples get into arguments – about the temperature of their homes. The study found that 50 percent of couples have disagreements over the house being too hot or too cold. And these couples have about three arguments every week over the heating of the house in the colder months.
One in five couples surveyed said the the issue is so bad that they have even considered breaking up with their partner and finding someone who likes having the house at the same temperature they like. (SWNS)
Americans DRINK during the holidays... A LOT: The average American consumes double the amount of alcoholic drinks over the holidays than any other time of year, according to a new study. 69 percent of Americans say they are more likely to socialize over the holidays. This socializing results in three hungover mornings per week during the height of the holiday season and the average American calling in sick twice due to partying too hard the night before. 70 percent of those surveyed said hangovers make them less productive at work. And one-third said those rough mornings actually dampened their holiday spirit. (SWNS)
Speaking of BOOZE... flying? Sitting in the middle seat? Well, you can beat those blues... with VODKA: According to Smirnoff, "56 percent of Americans would rather get stuck in traffic or go on a blind date than sit in the middle seat" on a plane. That’s why the vodka company has announced they're giving away $50,000 this holiday season to upgrade the coach class seats of Smirnoff lovers.
If you are flying during the holidays and have a middle seat, here’s how you can change your travel fate. From now till December 14th go to SmirnoffSeltzerUpgrade.com and give them some info about your travel plans, which have to be between December 17th and January 31st. You have to be of legal drinking age … and also have to come up with a really good reason why you deserve an upgrade. Then you get to wait and see if you are one of the lucky upgrade winners. (Delish)
Six-pack abs reduce stress … A new study has found that having a strong core can reduce stress. The science behind it has to do with certain brain neurons and their relationship to the axial muscle region (where your ab muscles are). Bottom line? Time to do some crunches. (The Ladders)
Now buzzing on Google and Twitter....
Colt McCoy: The Washington Redskins lost their second quarterback this season when he broke his leg in the Monday Night Football game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Captain Marvel: A new trailer for the film was released Monday, featuring Brie Larson in the role of Carol Danvers. See it up there ^^^^^^? Now click and watch it!
Tumblr: The web platform will ban all explicit adult content beginning December 17th.
Hootie and the Blowfish: The '90s band is reuniting for a summer tour.
Friends: It's not leaving Netflix until 2020.
Mark Sanchez: His return was upstaged by Adrian Peterson's 90-yard touchdown run.
Fred Hoiberg: The Chicago Bulls fired their coach, saying he lacked "competitive spirit."
And... here is what your favorite celebrities and such are Tweeting about...
- TRAVIS SCOTT @trvisXX @ArianaGrande that vid is amazing
- TRAVIS SCOTT @trvisXX Im applying to Harvard. In a couple days. And I really am excited!
- Jarrod Spector @jarrodspector Hey @kanyewest so cool that you’re here at @TheCherShow! If you look up from your cell phone you’ll see we’re doing a show up here. It’s opening night. Kind of a big deal for us.
- Kanye West @kanyewest The dynamics of Cher and Sonny’s relationship made Kim and I grab each other’s hand and sing “I Got You Babe.” Please pardon my lack of etiquette. We have so much appreciation for the energy you guys put into making this masterpiece.
- christine teigen @chrissyteigen baby miles getting fitted for a little helmet today for his adorable slightly misshapen head. so if you see pictures, don't feel bad for him because he's just fixing his flat and honestly he's probably gonna be even cuter with it somehow
- olivia wilde @oliviawilde Thanks to us, and sound-machines, our kids will only ever be able to sleep in cricket-infested meadows in the rain with nearby whales and also owls. #oops
- ANNE MAREINDEER @AnneMarie I just had a pillow flight on the plane and got told off.
- Miley Ray Cyrus @MileyCyrus Glad you like my ass but can you see anything else a newspaper with your influence can talk about
- matty @Truman_Black It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You) - VIDEO!!
- DUA LIPA @DUALIPA PINCH ME PLEASE. A dream come true. Thank you @Edward_Enninful for bringing in your second year at @britishvogue with me as your January cover girl. I am so filled with gratitude for this and it’s a milestone I will hold so close to my heart
- Sarah Hyland @Sarah_Hyland I’d like to ask those who have negative thoughts or opinions about the tragedy that happened to my family, to keep them to themselves. You don’t know all the details. And how dare you attack when a beautiful life has been lost.
- Karlie Kloss @karliekloss These shoes that say CEO are my #MondayMotivation
MARIAH CAREY OWNS CHRISTMAS... Her song is the most-played on the planet... and here are others which made this list...
Mariah Carey has the most-played song of the holiday season.
Her 1994 recording "All I Want for Christmas Is You," written with Walter Afanasieff, tops ASCAP's latest rankings of Yuletide tunes.
The producer and co-writer says, "From the very beginning, Mariah and I wanted to create music that would make listeners feel the same sense of nostalgia we all feel around the holiday season. And what started as a simple rock and roll melody on the piano, I'm so pleased to say, has topped this list once again and become a holiday classic."
The rest of the Top 10 are all from the mid-'80s or earlier:
- "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" by Meredith Willson (1951)
- "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Johnny Marks (1964)
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Johnny Marks (1958)
- "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Edward Pola and George Wyle (1958)
- "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Johnny Marks (1949)
- "Last Christmas" by George Michael (1984)
- "Jingle Bell Rock" by Joseph Carleton Beal and James Ross Boothe (1958)
- "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne (1945)
- "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson and Mitchell Parish (1948)
Some evergreens finished lower on the list:
- "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" ranks number-11.
- "Here Comes Santa Claus" stands 12th
- "White Christmas" is 13th
- "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano ranks number-17
- "Blue Christmas" -- most closely associated with Elvis Presley -- is now 21st.
- "Wonderful Christmastime" -- the Paul McCartney song covered this year by The Monkees -- is number-25.
DVR this stuff today... or just watch it if you have time...
- Jimmy Fallon has Saoirse Ronan (Mary Queen of Scots), Russell Westbrook (The NBA on TNT), music by Alessia Cara
- Stephen Colbert has Julia Roberts (Homecoming), Patrick Wilson (Aquaman)
- Jimmy Kimmel has Justin Theroux (On the Basis of Sex), actress Karen Gillan, music by Gucci Mane
- James Corden has Zachary Levi (Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Jake Johnson (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Seth Meyers has TV journalist Jake Tapper, comedian Bill Burr, guest drummer Nikki Glaspie
- Ellen DeGeneres has Ryan Reynolds (Once Upon a Deadpool), singer Gwen Stefani
- Live With Kelly and Ryan has Colin Jost (SNL), singer Emma Bunton
- Watch What Happens: Live has Below Deck stars Ross Inia, Ashton Pienaar, Rhylee Gerber
- The View has Representative Steve Scalise
- The Talk, with guest co-host Carrie Ann Inaba, has Zachary Levi, lifestyle expert Josh McBride
- The Great Christmas Light Fight Holiday displays in Kokomo, Indiana; Weirsdale, Florida; Grand Rivers, Kentucky; Clifton, Ohio; and more. (ABC)
- The Good Doctor Two patients whose symptoms point to an infection that may become airborne. (ABC)
- NCIS The team begins an undercover stakeout when their lead suspect in an old unsolved case is released from prison. (CBS)
- FBI After a key witness and a U.S. marshal are ambushed and killed, Maggie and OA must find the man who leaked the information that led to their murders. (CBS)
- NCIS: New Orleans The team investigates the murder of a Navy contractor who secretly lived two lives for decades. (CBS)
- The Voice The top seven artists are revealed as safe; the remaining three compete for the Instant Save. (NBC)
- Saturday Night Live Christmas-themed sketches from the archives. (NBC)
- The Gifted Tensions reach an apex within the Inner Circle while Andy defends Rebecca from Reeva. (FOX)
- Lethal Weapon Cole gets into the holiday spirit for his first Christmas with Maya; a complicated burglary case. (FOX)
- The Flash In the 100th episode, Barry and Team Flash come up with a plan to stop Cicada. (CW)
- Black Lightning The Pierce family is reeling in the wake of Jennifer’s disappearance. (CW)
And you are good to go! Thanks for choosing to #ReadThisFirst... and go have an amazing Tuesday! You've got this... so go and get it!