Good morning! You are halfway through the week... and it's International NINJA Day. Who knew? Thanks for choosing to #ReadThisFirst...
So, let's get you up to speed with a quick copy-and-paste digest from the Internet Of Things®...
Don't let the fact that a seven year old kid making $22 MILLION a year as a YOUTUBE STAR stop you from doing what you do for your paycheck today. In fact, don't let the fact that this list of the highest paid people on YOUTUBE stop you from doing your very, very best for a tiny percentage of what they're making. No, let it inspire you... to get your camera and make some videos opening toys or whatnot.
That list tho... WOW. We're in the wrong business...
... so on to the next...
Want an alternative to the ugly Christmas sweater? How about an ugly Christmas dress? Target has launched a line of ugly Christmas dresses. For under $40, you can be the hit of any holiday gathering. There are 13 different styles to choose from, including the Candy Cane Stripes Dress, the Gingerbread House Dress, the Elf Dress with Tutu, and the Snowman Dress. (Bustle)
Fewer men, happier women … at work. According to a new study from the University of British Columbia, women are happier at work when have more female co-workers – and fewer male co-workers. The researchers found that women experience lower levels of job satisfaction as the percentage of men around them increases. (CBC)
Would you trust a business that didn’t have a website? According to a SurveyMonkey poll, 31 percent of Millennials don’t trust companies that don’t have an online presence.
Old man winter doesn’t have many friends. According to a new survey, the winter blues are real – and lots of people are affected. 57 percent of Americans say they’ve experienced the winter blues multiple times, and when asked how they usually feel in the winter, 39 percent of Americans said “bored” and 24 percent said “miserable.” The survey found that the average American will complain about winter to themselves or others five times every day during the season.
Here are the Top 10 complaints about the winter months:
- Cold hands and feet
- Runny noses
- Dry skin
- Having to dress in layers
- Difficulty waking up
- Muddy/dirty snow
- Shorter days
- People sneezing and coughing on them
- Having to stay inside
- Dark mornings (SWNS)
Here's what's TRENDING on the INTERNET OF THINGS...
Priyanka Chopra: People are wondering why her mom walked her down the aisle during her wedding to Nick Jonas.
Urban Meyer: The Ohio State football coach will retire after the Rose Bowl.
Eddie Murphy: He became a father for the 10th time after his fiancé gave birth to their son.
Gwen Stefani: The singer denied she and Blake Shelton are engaged, during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Brandon Browner: The former NFL player was sentenced to eight years in prison for attempted murder.
Michael Flynn: Special counsel Bob Mueller has recommended no prison time for the former Trump advisor based on his "substantial assistance" in the probe.
Kevin Hart: He's been confirmed as the host of the 2019 Academy Awards.
Here's what people are TWEETING ABOUT...
- Nick Jonas @nickjonas Happiest day of my life. @priyankachopra
- olivia wilde @oliviawilde I can honestly say I love my children more now that they’ve discovered the movie Elf.
- Jim Gaffigan @JimGaffigan Mikey’s letter to Santa.
- Kevin Hart @KevinHart4real For years I have been asked if I would ever host the Oscars and my answer was always the same...I said that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me and that it will happen when it’s supposed to. I am so happy to say that the day has come.
- Jimmy Kimmel @jimmykimmel Congratulations amigo - @TheAcademy made an excellent choice. You are going to kill it
- Ariana Grande @ArianaGrande hi from the booth. finishin up. i can never be done w harmonies
- camila @Camila_Cabello THIS. IS. UNREAL! what an amazing year, what an amazing first era! thank you guys so much 2019, let’s goooooo!
- Lady Gaga @ladygaga #Enigma #GagaVegas
- Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes Feels sooo good to be in Boston!
- Aparna Nancherla @aparnapkin a pitch-perfect representation of a male vs female employee’s expected level of work for the same position
- Amber Heard @realamberheard I love it when photographers don’t tell me or any adult woman to smile, like this shot for Instyle Russia
- Chris Evans @ChrisEvans He doesn’t pose very long.
- Sarah Hyland @Sarah_Hyland You guys finally did it. Your horrible negative ignorant words have broken me. Staying offline for a while
- Tyler Perry @tylerperry That time when @Pharrell hooked me up with the coolest kicks in the game.
TV? Set that DVR or just watch this stuff... if it moves you to do so...
DAYTIME & LATE NIGHT TALK:
- Jimmy Fallon has CNN host Anderson Cooper, Bravo host Andy Cohen, music by John Legend
- Stephen Colbert has Jeff Daniels (The Emperor's Newest Clothes), Emily Mortimer (Mary Poppins Returns)
- Jimmy Kimmel has Jennifer Aniston (Dumplin'), Chris Elliott (Schitt's Creek), music by Rita Ora
- James Corden has Jude Law (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald), Steve Coogan (Stan & Ollie), comedian Sam Morril
- Seth Meyers has game show host Howie Mandel (Deal or No Deal), Danielle Macdonald (Dumplin'), British journalist Mehdi Hasan, drummer Nikki Glaspie
- Ellen DeGeneres has Natalie Portman (Vox Lux), Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef), Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs), music by Halsey
- Live With Kelly and Ryan has J.K. Simmons (Counterpart), Amber Heard (Aquaman), music by A Great Big World
- Watch What Happens: Live has Jennifer Aydin and Jackie Goldschneider (Real Housewives of New Jersey)
- The View has Howie Mandel
- The Talk, with guest co-host Carrie Ann Inaba, has actress Lori Loughlin, Glamour editor Jessica Radloff
- The Goldbergs Barry thinks he wants a wild, adult bachelor party, but he realizes Adam's idea is more his speed. (ABC)
- American Housewife Katie begins to miss the spontaneity and unpredictability of being young and in love. (ABC)
- Modern Family Dede's husband comes to town to bequeath her possessions to the family. (ABC)
- Single Parents Will ropes his new love interest into helping him plan the first-grade parent social. (ABC)
- A Million Little Things Katherine struggles with being a working mother without Eddie. (ABC)
- Survivor Emotions are sparked when loved ones visit the castaways. (CBS)
- SEAL Team Following an ambush, the team suspects someone on the inside is leaking information to the cartel. (CBS)
- Criminal Minds A professor from Lewis's past tips off the BAU to an alarming number of overdose deaths of patients who just completed rehab. (CBS)
- Chicago Med Halstead and Manning's wedding day is interrupted when Halstead is forced to make a house call. (NBC)
- Chicago Fire Firehouse 51 responds to a massive freeway accident that impacts someone close to them. (NBC)
- Chicago P.D. Antonio crosses a line, endangering someone close to him and putting the entire team at risk. (NBC)
- Empire The Lyon family's financial security is threatened before the deadline for their LFM showcase. (FOX)
- Star Carlotta works to make the Rhythm and Bells Festival a success; Star ends up in a legal bind. (FOX)
- Riverdale Fearful that he will be caught, Archie hits the road and ends up at a farm outside Riverdale, where he meets Laurie Lake. (CW)
- All American At an explosive homecoming dance, friendships in both Crenshaw and Beverly will be put to the test. (CW)
So... there ya go. You are now up to speed... and thank you for making that choice... to #ReadThisFirst!